CMD is an Italian company that operates in the design and production of internal combustion engines and related electronic control systems. We are looking for Electronic Engineer to join our electronic control systems team at the headquarters in San Nicola La Strada (CE). In the context of Electronic Research and Development Department you will design electronic control systems for diesel engines .
This position is located at CMD Plant in San Nicola La Strada (CE).
The Hardware Engineer will focus on Embedded System Hardware circuits design for Internal Combustion Engine Management Units, both PCBAs and electrical system levels.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and tests prototypes, proof of concept Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for Internal Combustion Engine Management in accordance with the applicable regulations and standards.
- Develops technical documentation according to the internal quality system .
- Supports the internal HW team to define, design, build, and test new products across the lifecycle from initial conception to mass production.
- Contributes to the development of new features according to the company development process.
- Identifies and solves a broad range of problems using an analytical approach and out-of-the box thinking. Analyses new systems.
- Works concurrently on multiple projects/subprojects.
Education And Experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve product goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of experience as electronics Hardware Engineer.
- Master Degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Knowledge of avionics and automotive related standards (DO-160G, DO-254, ISO-2626-2) will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of certification standard and process such us UL and CE mark will be considered a plus.
- Fluent in English .
- Thorough knowledge of Electronic Engineering fundamentals.
- Deep understanding of analog and digital design. The knowledge of electronic design for power train application will be a plus.
- Proficient in Altium Designer, EAGLE.
- Circuit simulation in SPICE, PLECS, PSIM or equivalents.
- Understanding of value engineering principles for high volume manufacturing.
- Experience in debugging/testing with lab test equipment such as oscilloscope, function generator, logic analyser, power analyser, etc.
- Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms.
- Deep knowledge of controls and the stability theory. Analogue/digital compensating loop design and analysis.
- Hands on soldering, surface mount soldering experience will be considered a plus.
- Availability to travel.